Security is a top priority at olado. This applies, for example, to your anonymity when using our service - and also to the protection of your personal data in general.
olado takes great care to protect the data you entrust to us from any unauthorized access. We therefore use one of the best encryption techniques, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to transmit your personal data. This software encrypts all your personal information such as credit card number, bank code, bank account number, name and address.
Data security/data protection
(1) olado is particularly concerned with the security and protection of user data. olado undertakes to observe the statutory provisions on data protection, in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the data protection provisions of the Telemedia Act (TMG).
(2) olado collects, stores, processes and uses the user's personal data insofar as it is required for the establishment, content and/or amendment of the contractual relationship between olado and the user for the use of the olado services and performances, including the IP address for security purposes for three months. Personal data are individual details about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person.
The business purpose of the contractual relationship includes in particular that all data of an olado user profile that is also visible to other users, including pseudonyms, interests, motto, photo, age, postal code, etc., are forwarded to e-mail addresses of other users and/or published via mobile applications (e.g. UMTS or SMS) in order to increase the circle of interested parties for the user profile.
Within the framework of the contractual relationship, the user's personal data may also be transferred to an external service provider for the purpose of enabling the operation of functionalities in the mobile network.
(3) olado creates user profiles for the purposes of advertising, market research and for the needs-based design of olado services and features by using pseudonyms. The user may object to this. The user can send an e-mail with the corresponding content to firstname.lastname@example.org for this purpose.
olado uses the user's e-mail address to send olado info mails, to present olado services by e-mail and to send the olado newsletter. The newsletter is sent in the name and on behalf of olado.
(4) The personal filter settings that a user enters for the online area are saved. This ensures that each user will find the personal filter settings again with each new session (with each new login). olado uses the commonly used cookies for this purpose. These cookies are permanently stored on the user's hard drive by the browser.
(5) If a user accesses olado's services via a partner site (affiliate), the anonymised data is stored in a cookie. These cookies do not contain any personal data of the user, but serve exclusively to maintain the partner program. These cookies are automatically deleted when the user has registered. Without registration, these cookies are automatically deleted after 30 days.
(6) Upon request, olado will provide the user at any time with complete and free information about the stored data stock, insofar as it concerns the user.
(7) olado expressly points out to users that data protection for data transmissions in open networks such as the Internet cannot be comprehensively guaranteed according to the state of the art. For this reason, the user himself is responsible for the security of the data he transmits to the Internet.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further details.