Constitution of the Civil Association "Melipona"
CHAPTER I: The name, duration, address, and purpose.
ARTICLE 1.- The present statute concerns the non-profit civil association named "Melipona," whose acronym is "Melipona."
ARTICLE 2.- The civil association is of indefinite duration, and begins its activities from its constitution.
ARTICLE 3.- The civil association is located in the city of Tarapoto, province and region of San Martin, Peru, and for better compliance with its purposes, may establish offices or headquarters anywhere in Peru or abroad, as determined by its board of directors.
ARTICLE 4.- The civil association does not pursue profit-making, and its institutional purposes are the following:
- Develop activities for the conservation of the Amazon rainforest through sustainable and integrated management of natural resources.
- Develop activities leading to the valuation of women, through the pursuit of gender equity.
- Develop educational activities for prevention, reduction, and elimination of family violence and physical child abuse.
- Develop activities for innovative management techniques and production of native stingless bees and native crops in the Amazon rainforest.
- Develop, promote, and encourage the sustainable and integrated development of native communities and peasants in Peru without impacting the environment.
- Propose and execute projects including investment, research, extension and production with the aim of improving quality and raising the living standards of native communities, farmers, and women's groups in the Amazon rain forest.